Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Organza Dress from Hell


If I didn't love the final product so much, I probably would have had a bonfire to burn it. This dress's pattern, Simplicity 2692, gave me so many problems, many of which I've already spewed out on Pattern Review and can be read here. Once was enough to relive the memories of my sewing and alteration process and reiterate my frustrations, thank you very much.

This dress should have taken only one weekend to make--or so I had initially assumed when I had looked at the instructions and thought,"Wow! This will be so nice and easy!".




The gorgeous silk organza (which I didn't realize would also contribute to the reason that this specifically is the "Organza" dress from "Hell" and not just "The Dress from Hell") was the only reason that I was so determined to get this pattern to work for me. It has a spray of deep purple flowers on a black background. It was another gift from my grandmother, so I'm not sure as to where she picked it up. The lining was from JoAnn's. The dress is actually lined twice in the top section: once to make the organza not see-through and the second time to make the smooth seams of the neckline and arm openings.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! That is such a cool dress!

    ReplyDelete