Thursday, July 30, 2009

Something Slightly Different


I got sick of seeing heaps of white or sand-colored fabric with multicolored--often neon bright--stitches. I've often created muslins to work out the kinks in patterns, but I've never known what to do with them after their useful purpose has been, well, used. I feel too guilty to toss them out, but they're just too plain ugly to wear.

This dress was supposed to be a wearable muslin for a more elegant combination of fabrics. (I've used this fabric once before for a sundress that I made but have not worn yet.) It needed a bit more than just the stripes to made it fully wearable, so I added a red embroidery stitch, a few round wooden beads, and a vintage leather belt.


3 comments:

  1. The dress looks great on you and I love how you embellished it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very cute and very versatile. The beading makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty! I would definately wear this without a doubt. ;)

    ReplyDelete